- | Equipment
Titleist TSR Fairway Metals: Engineered For Everyone
The all-new line-up of Titleist TSR metalwoods which are designed to improve upon the four F’s: Flight, Feel, Form and Forgiveness, is made up of three distinct models packed with technology and advanced refinements that can benefit every player.
“The new TSR fairway metals exemplify the newest advancements in metalwood technology and offer options for all golfers looking to gain an advantage off the tee and off the deck,” said Stephanie Luttrell, Director, Metalwood Development, Titleist.
“Combined with its tour-inspired shaping and powerful sound and feel, the optimized performance of TSR fairways sets a new standard for the Titleist Speed Project.”
One of the key new features of the new fairway metalwoods is the Open Hosel Construction. Removing the excess weight found high and towards the heel of the clubhead made it possible to reposition weight, shifting the CG lower and closer to the center of the face for provides more forgiveness and a higher launch.
Dramatic shifts in CG are constant throughout all three fairway offerings. The CG location is engineered for the specific needs of each fairway model, but all result in extremely high levels of forgiveness, high launch, and speed.
Another commonality between the fairway woods is the player-tuned performance. Implementing key feedback from tour professionals and examining every details to produce a metal wood that instils confidence in every player.
Titleist TSR Fairway Metal Models
TSR2: High, far, and forgiving, the TSR2 fairway features maximum forgiveness and the lowest CG of the TSR fairway metal line, resulting in fast speeds and a high ball flight.
● TSR2 fairways feature the lowest CG ever for an all-steel construction to create speed and launch without excessive spin.
● New Open Hosel Construction created space for sizable improvements to key areas of performance by removing unwanted weight high and towards the heel.
● Engineered to sound and feel powerful, giving players a lively response on every strike.
● Adjustable swing weight, fixed CG location.
● High launch, mid-spin
● Available lofts: RH: 15.0 | 16.5 | 18.0 | 21.0; LH: 15.0 | 16.5 | 18.0
TSR2+: Inspired by the wants and needs of some of the world’s top tour professionals, the TSR2+ fairway is designed to be a long, forgiving, and tee-biased 3-wood that does not sacrifice playability off the deck.
● TSR2+ has a larger profile, taller face and more forgiveness than TSR2, perfect for those seeking more length and accuracy from their 3-wood.
● Featuring the deepest CG location of any Titleist fairway metal, TSR2+ is engineered for maximum forgiveness and a straight, pure ball flight.
● TSR2+ was asked for by Tour Pros but is built to benefit all golfers looking for a long and straight option off the tee that is still extremely playable off the deck.
● Adjustable swing weight, fixed CG location.
● Mid/high launch, mid-spin
● Available lofts: RH: 13.0 | LH: 13.0
TSR3: For players seeking precision-tuned performance, the TSR3 features a lower, deeper CG and a new-and-improved 5-position SureFit Adjustable CG Track System.
● The ultimate fairway metal when it comes to adjustability with a new, easy-to-adjust 5-position SureFit Adjustable CG Track System.
● Featuring the same Open Hosel Construction as TSR2 fairways, the TSR3’s CG has been positioned deeper, slightly lower, and closer to face center to provide easy, high launch with plenty of forgiveness.
● Everything from the look, sound, and feel of TSR3 encourages players to hit it square and long with total precision.
● Adjustable swing weight and CG location.
● Mid/high launch, low-spin
● Available lofts: RH: 13.5 | 15.0 | 16.5 | 18.0 | LH: 15.0, 16.5
Players can choose from four high performance featured shafts or upgrade to one of three premium Graphite Design shafts. In addition, Titleist also offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices. The Titleist SureFit hosel for the TSR is compatible with all TSi, TS, 917, 915 and 913 fairway metals.
● HZRDUS RED CB: A mid-to-high launch/mid-spin lightweight shaft with an active tip section featuring counter-balance technology.
● TENSEI AV BLUE with Xlink Tech: A mid-launch/mid-spin shaft featuring Xlink Resin for increased bond strength, enhanced feel and durability.
● HZRDUS BLACK 4G: For players seeking spin reduction, this low/mid launch with low/mid spin shaft features a stiff butt and firm tip section to launch the ball lower.
● TENSEI 1K BLACK: A low-launch/low-spin shaft, built with 1K Carbon Fiber Weave technology to enhance feel and stability.
Over 60 PGA Tour players have the new TSR fairways in their bag, including multiple winners. FedEx St. Jude Championship winner Will Zalatoris played the TSR2+ fairway, while both Tom Kim and Trey Mullinax claimed their first PGA Tour titles with a TSR3 fairway in his bag. The No. 1 and No. 4 players in the Women’s Rolex World Rankings (as of 8/15) have each put TSR fairways in play – the world’s top-ranked player has two TSR2 fairways in the bag.
Minimum Advertised Price: Malaysia - MYR1,530 / Singapore: SGD499